8.04.2011

rudy and i explore the boundaries of our vanity

i called the farm today to get an animal report. they are being Model pigs and cow and chickens and duck and bees. this kind of report puts me very much at ease as i was worried we had coddled and cuddled and spoiled them all too rotten.

with the Good News it opens space up for other things to worry about. like what form of human housing we can create this winter? we will be at current farm just 2 months and then we have farm jobs outside of boston but with no place to live. renting doesn't fit our modest farmhand budget. but there are options. tee pee. larger tent. 1960s camper found on craigslist. such options while small, minimalist, and sexy present two seemingly insurmountable problems. how do we heat any of the above through the bitterness of a new england winter? and on whose land in such a proper setting as outer-boston can we set up such red-neckian accommodations?

such are the thoughts plaguing me on this thursday morning. the river is glass calm and the sun is beating gently down --mercifully much unlike it beats down in the south-- so off to the rocks to make like a lizard and soak in this day. worries about winter be damned for a rainier day.

6 comments:

  1. NO WAY. Where outside of Boston are you looking for a place to stay? My best friend and I were talking last night about how great it would be if she could rent out a bedroom or two in her comfy lovely house to a college student or something of the like... She lives in Topsfield. Its a lovely place. Please email if you are interested, momoirise@yahoo.com, and you have the loveliest blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just prayed that you find a place! You totally will. Things always seem to work themselves out. Whether we worry or not. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you looked at co-operative housing at all? Here is a link that might be interesting/useful: http://bostoncoop.net/

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kate, you are so unbelievably beautiful. Your posts always inspire me to want more variety in my life. I used to feel tied down, but you make me want to stop limiting myself. Even through the difficult decisions, know that you are making an impact on others! I'll keep you and Nick in my prayers during the next few months of this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kate, you are so unbelievably beautiful. Your posts always inspire me to want more variety in my life. I used to feel tied down, but you make me want to stop limiting myself. Even through the difficult decisions, know that you are making an impact on others! I'll keep you and Nick in my prayers during the next few months of this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This: http://tinyhouseblog.com/humanitarian/dee-williams-on-peak-moment/ is a great idea, because it up and moves. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...