my second through umpteenth thoughts of this monday have no cohesive mind binding them, save that they were all my week-end. and so, i present to you my week-end. it started out gloomy, rainy, and objectively chilly for a may 4th. but it turned into a magical few days of sunshine, gardening, and just nick and kate time. all and all an uneventful set of days. but those have beauty in their own ways.
without further ado.
photos of the week's end.
1. on gloomy days i do things like re-arrange the cupboards. we actually don't have much in the way of cupboards. so i keep a good many foods in this bureau. oh you rascal of a tiny kitchen.
2. something was wrong with the dryer on friday. i decided on the cowardly route of not investigating what was so wrong and instead skulked away from it with my heaping load of damp washing. due to the Gloominess of the day i strung the lines up in our poor bedroom and so ensued a solid 18 hours of ducking through and hiding behind the washing.
3. the sun came out and so most of the houseplants were thrown outdoors to gather what energy the could.
4. this little plant hates outdoors. she also hates the shadows. the wind. and too much water. likewise she hates too little water. she has a long list of hates. i spend an appalling amount of hours dragging her around the house keeping her happy.
5. nick declared saturday a day for chucks. i don't have chucks so i don't know what this means. but i told him that they looked like crap shoes for fixing fences and he agreed.
6. our house cat.
7. i made 3 different batches of yogurt. i inadvertently strained this one for 16 hours. it is quite thick and creamy. i had this for breakfast and it seems to be the winner of an unspoken competition. i brought jars of each kind to the houses on either side of ours and have received similar feedback. winnie's production has ramped up to nearly 4 gallons of milk a day which leaves us with plenty to perform such mindless experiments.
8. ted and his adopted mama. her name is leche. she is 10 years old. has heaps of fur (wool? hair?). she has bug eyes, the horror of which you can't quite make out in this photo. her horns go in 7 different directions. she is a love bug. and she is in a nine-year-strong domestic partnership with canela (not pictured). canela doesn't care much for ted, but tolerates him.
9. fiddleheads! nick made a weekend habit of collecting some before lunch each day.
10. sick chicken (and messy bedroom). nick thought she had hurt her leg so we kept her in our ICU/bathroom overnight. turns out she was faking it, so i walked her down to the barn to return to her brood this morning.